Friday, December 02, 2005

Cell Phone Funeral

Well, my son's gone and done it once again....

We were driving home from sewing class today and I was talking on the cell phone (I know! You can spare the lecture on driving and cell phone use please). My battery was running down and I decided to cut the call short because I didn't want the phone to disconnect us. So I said, "My cell phone is about to die so I need to cut this short."

I hung up the phone and my son, in a very concerned tone says, "Mommy, since your cell phone is going to die, shouldn't we dig a hole for it in the flower garden, that way we can bury it after it's dead?"

This does make sense. You see, after the cat died, we dug a hole and buried him in the flower garden.....

The boy was thinking ahead, that's for sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just an added note:

There's a cemetery in town and we happen to drive by it often. My son told me later that he was calling the cemetery a flower garden because of all the flowers on the gravesites. He thought it was a pretty flower garden where they bury people when they die. He knows that's the place where they bury people. He just thought it was a flower garden, just like the one at our house where we buried the cat. So naturally, if the cell phone is dead, don't we bury it in the flower garden just like we do dead people and cats?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home